Sunday, August 21, 2011

I don't care what the moon says, it's autumn on Sept. 1st

I have choices.

FALL IS RAPIDLY APPROACHING AND I AM NEARLY DONE WITH REVISIONS, so now is the time to get to figuring what I'm gonna write next. I've got Ideas (TM) boilin'.

1. That Triad book - The Adjudicator, Machinator, and Propagator bit, where those are the codenames of the three kids in a school dispensing 'justice'. The Mockingbirds was a recently released YA that did a piss poor job of this justice dispensing squad deal. Basically in my plot, the 'justice' goes too far and some unknown quantity murders someone and tries to blame it on the Adjudicator Machinator Propagator triad.

AMP know each other from childhood, because M's sister molested him constantly (incestyay) and A and P banned together and tried to pull a prank on her to get her to stop. Unfortunately, it killed her and they had to cover it up together. AMP have since been dispensing similar justice in the school. The murderer goes by the name Liberator. In reality, Liberator is a girl who had a crush on M's sister that AMP accidentally killed, so she's trying to get back at them by murdering + blaming it on them. (lesyay) Very gritty complex stuff and I'll actually have to focus hard.

The MC would be some kind of school paper reporter. Possibly a super nerd. The Love interest would probably be the Adjudicator, who's been in and out of juvie and is angry, but is really fair under the punk exterior. Machinator would be a 'dumb jock' who has an IQ of about a milllion. Propagator is the student council head, who's prim and has split personality disorder, where he's all proper by day and a slut by night.

2. Ghost camera story - Basically entirely inspired by Fatal Frame. Definetly a historical fantasy, I'm thinking victorian. Frilly dresses, etc. A girl who's got an old fashioned camera that can see ghosts goes to a summer house of a friend's.

Lo and behold, a terrible massacre happened there a while back. I'm thinking family cult that sacrifices their eldest daughter for some reason. Eldest daughter didn't want to die because she loved some farm boy,so  when they killed her her ghost went psycho and slaughtered them all. I WANT TO FIT creepy little girls who like to torture people in there. I had a creepy fucking dream about a room with two curtains and a vermillion lighting scheme, and anyone who walked in was immediately possessed and murderous.

Anyway, girl with camera's gotta soothe a house full of angry ghosts plus the eldest daughter ghost who is bad news. Not sure there would be a love interest for her here, it would mostly just be creepy stuff and pretty dresses.

3. Band story - By far the lightest in terms of emotion. JUST A STORY ABOUT A GIRL STARTING A BAND. Though, to spice it up, I wanted to pull a Hana Kimi and make the MC attend school as a boy for some reason. (genderbendyay) Sorta like K-ON! plus Twelfth Night? Who knows. The Love interest would be severely confused about his sexuality because the MC is a boy as far as he knows, and one of her band members would develop a crush on her.

Basically, plot-wise, MC is the last member of the rock club because all the seniors left and she's the only one who joined her freshman year. If they don't get four members, the club will shut down. MC is desperate to get people to join. (Later, you figure out she had a friend in middle school who got in a car accident who's now in a coma, who really wanted to join rock club. So MC is kinda keeping it together for her).

A rich bitch girl FANTASTIC at classic piano would be blackmailed by the MC to play keyboard in the band. There would be a really nice/shy bookworm girl who would come forward to play drums, and a super serious super depressed super sarcastic loner girl would play bass, and the MC obviously would get lead guitar and mic. I was also thinking the school space cadet could be a part and play a random instrument every time, like a triangle, castanets, so at one point it would be like;

"What the fuck is that, Verity?"

"A garbage lid!"

"Jesus christ, just get on the stage."

The band name would be like...fuck I don't know. I suck at band names. "Fuck You It's Tea Time" was the original name, but maybe that's too much of a homage to K-ON!'s "Houkago Tea Time".

Anyway, it would be badass and end with them rocking out until they die.




anyway.

2 comments:

  1. I'm digging the first one the most. Screw Mockingbirds, YOU DO IT BETTER. It sounds like you have the network of relationships worked out supah. Write it so I can read it?

    2, you do the creepstuff well so that one would be good. Mebbe her love interest could be a GHOST. lawl.

    3, teehee gotta-get-club-members slice-of-life anime (Clannad?) WOO. It might be a nice break after the whole post-apoc epic-fantasy BURGERFEST.

    ReplyDelete
  2. 1. Of the two types of young adult fiction, I prefer TEENS IN A FANTASY WORLD to TEENS STUCK IN ACTUAL SCHOOL. If you get too many non-real characters piled up in that setting you'll end up with Reverse Glee.

    OR

    3. Starring Michael Cera with cameo by Pinkie Pie?

    ReplyDelete