Wednesday, March 28, 2012

HEY GUYS HEY HEY

Hey guys hey guys

I had a phone call with THIS yesterday

THAT'S ALL I'LL SAY FOR NOW I AM IMPLODING/REVISING like crazy
she had amazing suggestions
loves my writing
I am flipping my shit


EDIT:

I don't think I elaborated properly. I mean, explaning this thing in itself is really nerdy and hard to follow and full of industry bullshit I generally hate but have immersed myself in

The bottom line is they don't call you unless they really like you/believe in the work

And it's more than that, I mean, she honed in on a lot of things I'd worried about, and understood the work better than I did at some points. (Because, trust me, I never understand anything I write)
(I wrote 'trust' instead of 'understand' there, huh)

And it was an invitation to submit my other works, and above all it was just

I cried for two hours after the email came in asking to arrange a call time

Okay, crybaby, whatever, I know that. But these last three years, no, since I graduated HS it's just been

idolizing?

dreaming about?

fantasizing about the moment I'd get to see those words sent to me, asking to talk over the phone about my work

Because for me, it's not so much about getting places, though it is (I could easily self-pub but I don't because it's not about just getting it out there, it's about collaborating with people, about getting feedback, about hearing their thoughts and what evoked this feeling and what they thought of this character, and though I might not take all of the advice just hearing it makes me happy, because the reader stopped to read my work, stopped to think about it, put it through the mental processor that is them and their unique life experiences.

I guess I

I guess I just really like seeing the effect I have on people

Which isn't exclusive to writing

Secrettttt narcissim (NOT SO SECRET)

I don't like attention but I like seeing the effects of me on others
I like affecting things/some principle of pack animals goes here etc


because he will glare at me through the chainlinks, one hand gripping them like he's trying to tear them down

because she freezes in a mid-turn, adjusts her headband to create a pause because she's afraid to go all the way, to see what's been following her all along



I'm a defeatist but it's nice to win, too

I've gotta work even harder from now on!

Laura tims says

I hate everything

TWO AND A HALF HOURS

Michelle P says

LOL

laura tims says

IS HOW LONG

Michelle P says

OF NOT KNOWING

laura tims says

MY CLASS IS

Michelle P says

I'M SORRY

laura tims says

I will be shitting
Michelle P says

GODSPEED

"I will be shitting"

- Laura Tims

laura tims says

accurate

Michelle P says


fav quote

starting now

2 comments:

  1. iiiiiiiiiiiiiii!

    Is this the one you were excited about a while ago? Yes? yesssss?


    Michelle I am excited for you!
    GOoOOOOOOOooOOOo

    ReplyDelete
  2. THIS IS

    Someone who I just queried like two days ago.

    It went by so fastttttt now I am revising for her and will submit later.

    But basically it was a 'I think your writing is fantastic and I can't offer you rep right now but rewrite/send me more of your stuff and I will'.

    ASKLDF

    ReplyDelete